Friday 2 November 2012

Nostalgia Research Update

It's been a bit quiet on the blog this week, but don't worry -- there's a lot of work going on behind the scenes.  I'm currently purusing three strands of research to support my general theme:
  • The effect of nostalgia & techniques which trigger emotional reaction -- a study of works on these topics (from a formal psychology standpoint).  This will likely form part of the Literary Review which I have to submit in December.
  • Effect of isolated aesthetic nostalgia cues -- adaptation of a (very simple game) to experimentally examine the effect of isolated aesthetic nostalgia cues.  I'll be creating two games: one will be a simple, plain (abstract) version, and the other will be the same game with different, nostalgia-themed graphics.  I'll try both with test groups to examine the different reactions.  This will likely grow into a key part of my main research project.
  • Continue with collection of potential nostalgia cues.  The list is growing!
I'll publish more as these develop.