Friday 24 May 2013

Status Report

Blimey!  It's been a few weeks since my last post.  As usual, full-time work has taken up most of my time (mostly marking student work).  Development for my MA -- which had been proceeding at a snail's pace since March anyway -- had pretty much ground to a halt.

However, last week the third MA course module concluded with a review of what had gone before, and laid out plans for the next six months.  This gave a good opportunity to kick-start things again, so I thought it would be a good idea to give a status report to set the scene for future posts.


I've drawn up a list of 23 tasks that need to be carried out for Practice 2 and scheduled them using a Gantt chart.  In an unusual move, the scale on the chart is relative -- using 'cumulative hours' rather than dates -- because I've discovered (the hard way) during the last 9 months that project work and full-employment work do not play well together.